We are a growing team and always on the lookout for fresh, new voices and perspectives. Apply for India Art Fair jobs in New Delhi and keep an eye out as we advertise for positions in the coming months.
Exhibitor Relations Assistants
We are looking to hire dynamic and energetic individuals as Exhibitor Relations Assistants. You will work and interact with art galleries and institutions participating at the fair onsite. You should be a problem-solver, super organised, have excellent communication skills and, above all, should be a multi-tasker. This would be an ideal opportunity for you if you are a people person with some experience in a client servicing or event management related role. Additional background in visual arts will be preferred.
- Assisting the reporting head within Exhibitor Relations department with all tasks.
- Keeping track of and troubleshooting queries from galleries/institutions related to their participation at India Art Fair 2023.
- Collating participation related exhibitor service forms as well as following-up on them.
- Onsite servicing and troubleshooting for participating galleries / institutions as part of the Exhibitor Relations team.
- Liaising among the exhibitors, the IAF production team and service vendors onsite.
- Ensuring smooth reporting & communication flow across departments and completion of other administrative tasks related to participating galleries and institutions
Skills & Competencies
- Strong organisational and soft skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and listening along with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Capacity to work under pressure and adhere to demanding deadlines.
- Efficient team worker and collaborator.
- Good command over MS Office suite and Google workspace (G Suite).
- Knowledge of and a network within the Indian visual arts industry.
- Ability to undertake flexible work hours, including late nights and during weekends.
Role period: 3 – 12 February, 2023
Location: New Delhi – at the India Art Fair Office, Saket and at NSIC Grounds, Okhla.
Gallery Booth Interns
Every year, our local and international exhibitors look for energetic, smart, art-educated individuals fluent in English to support the management of their booths at the fair and assist in sales. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door in an arts career. An arts/sales/marketing background is preferred as you will be working directly with gallerists and liaising with clients. Some tentative responsibilities:
- Assisting the gallery team in installation and de-install of artworks.
- Conducting a short tour around the gallery booth for visitors and potential buyers.
- Managing the administrative activities for one of our exhibiting galleries at their booth.
- Mediating between the gallery and the visiting public.
- Talking about artists, their practice and artworks exhibited at the booth.
Note: India Art Fair (IAF) only conducts an initial interview to shortlist candidates. Final selection is done by the exhibiting gallery and agreement on compensation, responsibilities, timings, etc., should be discussed by the shortlisted candidates directly with the exhibiting gallery, independent of IAF. IAF is not a party to the final selection or the finalisation of terms.