We take your privacy seriously
Who we are and how you can contact us
India Art Fair is a platform owned and managed by Seventh Plane Networks Private Limited (“India Art Fair”, “us”, “our” or “we”), which is part of the “Angus Montgomery Arts” (AMA) group. When we refer to AMA, we refer the arts division of Angus Montgomery Limited (“AML” or “Holding Company” of AMA), its art division and arts subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates.
You can find out more about India Art Fair events and businesses at: https://indiaartfair.in/. India Art Fair is responsible for processing the personal information you provide to us on the India Art Fair Portal.
309, Second Floor,
DLF South Court Mall,
New Delhi, Delhi India 110017
Phone: +91 11-47119800
What information we collect
- Information you give us:
We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor, or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your full name, residential and/or business address, email address, landline and/or mobile phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you:
Personal information refers to the types of personal information that may be collected and used, including:
- Collection of information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on the Website, and emails or telephone calls.
- Through registration forms we may collect: contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number; educational, nationality and professional information; interests and business information, such as roles and responsibilities; survey information, comments, feedback, posts and any other content submitted; and payment information, such as a credit or debit card number or bank account details where registering for paid events or services (“Payment Information”). India Art Fair does not retain any Payment Information that you may provide on this website.
- We may also ask you to provide some professional information when you enquire to exhibit, register to visit or sign up to of our newsletters. Professional information may include some or all of the following: company name, company address, company email address.
- For most of the services you access on the Website, we will ask you to provide security information that only you will know. Security information may include some or all of the following: username, mother’s maiden name, password and memorable word.
- We may collect identity verifying information such as details pertaining to your identification documents, as may be applicable, where requested, and other identifying information such as ID cards for verification purposes where applying for Press Passes or general entry to any of our events.
- Where we operate badged access in relation to any of our events, we may collect information about; your location in; and engagement, within the event. For example, access may be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which exhibitors or sponsors you have engaged with.
- We may collect publicly available information including names, job title, employer, telephone, social media and business email address contact details to allow us to send you information about our products and services using our legitimate interest to do so pursuant to relevant data protection legislation. You can request to stop receiving such communications at any moment by using the unsubscribe links in the footer of the email or by contacting us directly.
- Information we receive from third parties:
We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these third parties will collect information directly from you on our behalf, as permissible by law. We may also engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the Website on our behalf, as permissible by law.
We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
Where in the world do we store and send information?
India Art Fair may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to AMA group companies or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable Indian Law and other applicable laws. A transfer of personal information has a broad meaning and occurs when information is processed, communicated, moved, accessed or otherwise sent to another country.
India Art Fair currently uses the cloud infrastructure services provided by DigitalOcean, LLC (https://www.digitalocean.com). Data is stored at DigitalOcean’s datacentre located in Bangalore. India Art Fair will also share data with AMA group companies. AMA has its corporate HQ in London, UK and its operational HQs serve as data processors in locations listed below:
- AMA, 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. United Kingdom
- Art Events (UK) Ltd, 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. United Kingdom
- Art Events HK Limited, Suites 1601, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- ART Events Singapore PTE Ltd, 6 Raffles Quay, #14-04/05, 048580, Singapore
- Taipei Dangdai Limited, Suites 1601, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Art Fairs Australia Pty Ltd, 21/94 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW, 2010, Australia
- Photo Shanghai, Company Limited, 7/F Global Trade Square, 21 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
- India Art Fair, Seventh Plane Networks Private Limited, Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017, India
We also operate elsewhere in European Economic Area, so we may access your personal information from and transfer it to these locations as well. Don’t worry though, any personal information we access from or transfer to these locations is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, GDPR) (“GDPR”).
While countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) all ensure rigorous data protection laws, there are parts of the world that may not be quite so rigorous and don’t provide the same quality of legal protection when it comes to your personal information.
To make sure we keep your personal information safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it overseas. For example:
- Sending your personal information to countries approved by the European Commission as having high quality data protection laws, such as Switzerland and Canada.
- Putting in place a contract that has been approved by the European Commission with the recipient of your personal information that provides a suitable level of high-quality protection.
Sending your personal information to a member organisation approved by the European Commission as providing a suitable level of high-quality protection. For example, the Privacy Shield Scheme that exists in the US.
The Cookie that is placed on your computer contains only your unique reference number that is allocated by the registration process. This consists of a 4-digit number. There is no information in the Cookie that can identify you. The Cookie is only valid when you access the relevant India Art Fair Website.
How we use your information
We, our group companies, and all third-party service providers use your personal information in lots of ways to make our products and services as effective as possible. To the extent permitted by law, we use your info for:
- To enable you to access the Website and use our services
To accept you as a new/returning customer and continue to provide you with our products and services.
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide
As part of providing services to you we will confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide for security purposes.
Establishing your identity is important as the services we offer are only relevant for specific audiences so we must be sure you are who you say you are. Identity checking may also involve checking the registration information you give us against information we already hold about you if you are a returning customer and potentially publicly available information about you such as from social media.
If we are unable to confirm your identity from the registration information you provide, we will let you know by using the contact details you have provided and you may then have the option to make a written application and provide further proof of your identity.
- To process payments and collect arrears
We will use your information to process the payments you commit to when signing up to our services or purchasing our products and for the collection of any future payments or overdue amounts for those services or products.
- To provide and improve customer support
We will use your information to be able to provide and improve the customer support we provide to you (e.g. when you have questions or when you forget your log-in information).
- To send you service communications
We will use your information to contact you to tell you about changes to or issues affecting the products or services you are taking.
We will use your information for marketing purposes such as if we think one of our products, services or offers, or those of our third-party partners, may interest you, we or they may contact you about them by email, SMS, on the phone or through the post.
You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the email or SMS or by contacting us at via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone ++91 11-47119800; by post to Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017.
- Market research
India Art Fair may select particular customers and invite them to be involved in market research. If you accept this invitation, we will use the feedback you give us to improve our products and services.
- Internal Training Purposes
We may use your information to ensure that our team has the best knowledge and expertise they need to ensure we provide the best possible experience to our customers when interacting with us.
- Reporting and analytical purposes
We will use your information for reporting and analytical purposes (e.g. how many of our customers are in the north or south of the country) to enable us to improve our products and services and to provide appropriate levels of support to our customers.
- Tracking activity
We will use your information to track your activity on the Website to help us better understand your interests and how you interact with us. We may also use this information to help us detect if someone else is trying to access your account or use the services you take from us. We will also use this information to better engage with you and to ensure that you get the best service we can provide and improve our products and services in the future.
- To maintain our records and other administrative functions
Like any business, we need to ensure that we maintain comprehensive and up to date records of the ways we process your personal information and other operational activities and therefore we will process the information you provide for record-keeping, updates and general administrative purposes.
- Complaint and dispute resolution
Whilst we will try to make sure that you are happy with the products and services we provide and do not feel the need to complain, if you do complain to us, we will use the information we have about you to help us manage your complaint.
- To comply with the law
Like any other business, we are required to comply with many laws and regulations, including Information Technology Act, 2000 and related Rules and Regulations. We will, where necessary, use your personal data to the extent required to enable us to comply with these requirements.
- Email tracking
India Art Fair may use performance tracking technology within our emails to improve our future interactions with you. This means we are able to capture information including (but not limited to) the time and date you open our e-mails and the type of device used to open the email.
We use this information primarily to understand whether our e-mails are opened and what links are clicked on by our customers. We then use this information to improve the emails that we send to you and the services that we provide.
What are the legal grounds for handling personal information?
Data protection laws and guidelines require that, where we process your personal data, we must satisfy at least one prescribed condition for processing. These are set out in the applicable data protection laws and we rely on a number of different conditions for the activities we carry out.
Necessary for performance of a contract or to comply with law
In most cases, the information described above will be provided to us by you because you want to take services from us or engage with us and our use of your information will be governed by contract terms. Giving this information to us is therefore your choice. If you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide the services you want, to you. In particular, we may rely on this condition for processing in the following scenarios:
- To grant you entry to an event or exhibition or conference.
- To allow your company to exhibit or partake in an event or exhibition or conference.
- To enable you to access the Website and use our services.
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide.
- To process payments and collect arrears.
- To provide and improve customer support.
- To provide alerts.
- To send you service communications.
- Marketing – From time to time, we would like to let you know about products, services and offers from India Art Fair and our partners.
- Market research – We may send you invitations to participate in market research (see below). If you do so, your feedback is given with your consent.
Who we share your personal information with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- India Art Fair group companies for specific purposes. For example, where they may assist in providing products and services to you, manage internal analysis of the usage of our products and services, or offer relevant products and services which may be of interest. Where the relevant India Art Fair entity is outside India, we would only transfer data where appropriate safeguard clauses or such other methods as may be applicable under relevant data protection laws, exists between the entities.
- Any other India Art Fair entity or selected third party for a specific purpose that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent might be or might not be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- We may share your personal information with third parties outside India Art Fair including the Securities Exchange, Government Authorities, including tax and customs authorities, in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture, collaboration, or negotiations related to the same with respect to all or part of our business.
Your rights to how we use your personal information
It is important that you understand your rights in relation to your personal information and how you can contact us if you have questions or concerns.
India Art Fair conforms to and acts in compliance of data protection laws, to the extent applicable, that may provide individuals with the right to be able to access and control their information. We will always enable you to exercise the rights provided by the appropriate data protection laws.
If you have given us consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us via email: email@example.com; by telephone ++91 11-47119800; by post to Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017.
You can also make changes to that preference via the same communication channels.
You can also ask for access to the personal information we hold about you and request that we correct any mistakes, restrict or stop processing or delete it. It is worth noting that in some cases if you do ask us to correct, delete or stop processing it, we won’t always be required to do so. If that is the case, we will explain why.
In certain circumstances (e.g. where you provide your information to us (a) with consent to process it or (b) where the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you) you can require that we provide the information we hold about you either to you or a third party in a commonly used format. This only applies if we are processing it using automation only. If you would like more information about this, let us know by contacting us at via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone ++91 11-47119800; by post to Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017.
We will try to ensure that we deliver the best levels of customer service but if you think we are falling short of that commitment, please let us know by contacting us at via email: email@example.com; by telephone ++91 11-47119800; by post to Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017.
If you are a resident of the EEA, we collect and process Personal Data about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the GDPR.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone ++91 11-47119800; by post to Unit No. DSC 309 and 329, DLF South Court, Saket, New Delhi 110017.
How we keep your personal information secure
Online privacy and security is the most important aspect of any customer service and we take it extremely seriously. We use a variety of the latest technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use or disclosure.
We restrict access to your personal data to those employees, and third parties, who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
How long we keep your personal information for
We’ll keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide and market the products and services you’ve signed up to or which may be of interest. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our rights for as long as the law otherwise permits. These reasons can vary from one piece of information to the next and depend on the products or services you’re signed up to, so the amount of time we keep your personal information for may vary. In all cases, our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis, and information which is no longer required for any purposes will be disposed of.