Shiv Nadar Institute of Eminence
The Department of Art, Media and Performance at the Shiv Nadar Institute of Eminence is currently accepting applications for their 2024 Artist-in-Residence Program.
RESIDENCY PERIOD: January to April 2024 (90 Days)
LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 30, 2023
All applications will be reviewed by our selection board comprising of artists, curators, and academics.
Please send the completed Application Form to Kamal Arora email@example.com by Saturday, 30 September 2023
We encourage people working in the fields of contemporary art, photography, performance, cinema, dance and writing to apply. Emerging and Mid-career artist (under the age of 45), either national or international, are encouraged to apply.
- One time local/ international air ticket (economy) to & from New Delhi
- One time pick & drop to the Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Travel to Delhi-NCR (a shared taxi to and from SNIoE campus biweekly to a central point in Delhi)
- Insurance (for international candidates)
- Visa Fee (for international candidates)
- Accommodation (a one-bedroom suite at Eagles Nest, the SNIoE Visitor’s Hostel)
- Meals Tickets (breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the university dining hall)
- Usage of faculty club (with a gym, heated pool, pool table, badminton café , reading room etc. )
- AIR Studio (on SNIoE campus, accessible 24 hours)
- Access to SNIoE equipment, media labs, dance studio and sculpture lab
- Production grant (TBD on the nature of proposal)
- Honorarium (USD 1000/month)
- Venue for sharing the work as outcome or work in progress (Wetlands Art Space, SNIoE)
RESIDENT ARTIST’S OBLIGATIONS
- Artist in residence talk (at the commencement of the residency)
- AIR studio at F block to be interactive space accessible for art students and faculty.
- Public talk towards the end of the residency period at Kiran Nadar Museum of Art/ SNIoE
- Attend MFA students’ Project Room critiques as external resource person (once a fortnight) and give feedback along with faculty
- Attend MFA mid semester critiques and give feedback along with faculty
- Student interaction through studio presence at F block MFA Studios
- Open studio event
- A 1500 word report on the artist’s research and practice undertaken during the residency period
Find out more information and download the application here.