Indian Music Experience Museum
The Indian Music Experience Museum is hiring a curatorial/gallery assistant in Bangalore.
- Experience: 2+ years comprehensive administrative work experience. (Museum or arts organization experience required)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Art History. Master’s Degree desirable
- Languages Known- English and Kannada mandatory
- Work Location: Indian Music Experience, JP Nagar, Bangalore
- Reports to: Head of Curation
- Type: Full-time Consultant
The Curatorial Assistant is responsible for a variety of curatorial and execution tasks. Provides support to the curator in line with the following description:
- Assists in the development, copyediting, design, and production of exhibition and installation of materials, such as wall text, labels, gallery guides, and other content.
- Ensures accuracy of information on publications, in print and online, as needed.
- Obtains permissions and copyright clearance for images and maintains accurate credit lines.
- Ensures that the displays, including the graphic panels, artifacts, media pieces, and interactives, are in excellent shape.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the archive.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations, reports, and budgets for a variety of purposes, including fundraising, cooperation with other organizations, and so on.
- Assists with managing project budgets; processes all curatorial paperwork related to invoices, handles requisitions and checks.
- Research fresh curation topics and develops unique and out-of-the-box curating concepts
- Take important guests on museum tours as needed.
- Handles collection-related enquiries by phone, or e-mail or on social media platforms.
- Liaisons with vendors for procuring materials for the exhibits
- Stay up to date on what’s going on in the museum industry, connect and network with other museum professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and learn the museum’s collection.
- Understanding of Indian music
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer proficiency with PC and Mac, and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with collections databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Self-directed, ability to anticipate actions needed.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and to be a team player in an active office environment.
- Fluency in English
Find out more and apply on MNCJobs here.