India Art Fair presents a first-of-its-kind Monotype Printing workshop with acclaimed Indian printmaker Soghra Khurasani, in collaboration with Kala Sakshi Memorial Trust. The workshop will take place on Zoom on October 31st, Sunday at 12:30, and is open to all regardless of previous art experience.
In the workshop, Soghra Khurasani will lead participants through the fundamentals of print-making and monotype printing, after which all participants will have the opportunity to create their own prints under the guidance of the master printmaker.
Anyone with an interest in art or the medium can register for the workshop at a cost of INR 400 per participant. All proceeds will go to Kala Sakshi Memorial Trust, and be used towards the nurturing of young talent. Do note that registrations will be capped at 25 participants, and are open only to those above the age of 16.
The materials that will be required for the workshop are listed below. We have provided by substitutions but recommend getting the proper materials for the best results!
- 8″ x 12″ glass or transparent acrylic plate. Or, a household glass slab of approximately the same dimensions.
- A3 100 gsm canson sheet or bond paper. Or, A4 printing sheet.
- Oil colors: 12 set. Or, a smaller set.
- Spatula. Or, a blunt kitchen knife.
- 2″ rubber roller
- Kerosene or thinner
- Extra materials: Cloth, cello-tape, oil tracing paper, tissue paper, embroidery threads, leaves, dry stems and small flowers or any other materials the participant would like to use in their prints.
To register, please make your payment of INR 400 per participant via Pay TM at 8447818702, and send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE: Seats are now full.