What are the different sections of India Art Fair?
India Art Fair is carefully curated to provide a diverse and enriching experience for audiences. We welcome applications under the following sections:
- Galleries: This section features Indian and international participants presenting a wide range of works by various artists.
- Focus: This section showcases a curated body of work by a single artist represented by the gallery, allowing for an in-depth exploration of their artistic vision.
- Platform: This section highlights contemporary and living traditional art practices from India and South Asia, providing a platform for artists to showcase their unique cultural heritage.
- Institutions: This section brings together museums, foundations, cultural centers, and artist collectives, who present curated elements of their year-round programming or a curated project by a significant artist.
- The Studio: This section is dedicated to exploring the intersection between visual arts and technology, showcasing innovative and cutting-edge art forms that push the boundaries of artistic expression.
- Outdoor Art Projects: This section features large-scale installations in outdoor spaces across the fair, providing immersive and media diverse artworks that captivate and engage visitors.
We are excited to receive applications under these sections and look forward to presenting a dynamic and captivating showcase of art at India Art Fair 2024.
What is the application process?
Create your India Art Fair account by registering on our website’s exhibitor portal. Then log in to start the online application form and upload installation images, artwork images and a tentative booth plan as required. You can also save the form and return to it at a later date of your convenience. Finally, carefully read and accept the terms and conditions before making the non-refundable application fee payment. Applications will only be considered if you fill all mandatory fields, agree to the stated terms and conditions and pay the non-refundable application fee.
Is there an application checklist?
Please find a checklist of information, documents and images that you will need to have ready when filling up the application form for India Art Fair 2024.
- Booth / Project Concept for IAF 2024
- Proposed artist list for IAF 2024 along with their profiles/bios
- Installation images of recent exhibitions or fair participations (at least 3)
- Proposed (or reference) artwork images for IAF 2024
- Booth Curation Plan, if available
- Recent Exhibition history – Title, dates, concept/curatorial notes, artist names of exhibitions held at least in the past 1 year
- Recent art fair participation history
- Represented artist list
- Applicant Organisation Profile, Location(s), Contact Person(s), and details
- Applicant Organisation Billing Details, including GSTIN and PAN for Indian applicants
What images should applicants submit?
Applicants are required to upload at least three past exhibition installation images, along with images of artworks that they propose to exhibit at India Art Fair 2024. In case the proposed artworks are not ready at the time the application is submitted, we encourage you to upload reference images or illustrations by the proposed artist. Applicants are also encouraged to submit a tentative booth plan indicating the curation of the booth space.
Can exhibitors make multiple applications?
Yes, but each application has to be for a different section. In such cases, a separate online registration, application and payment must be submitted for each section. We strongly recommend that you tailor each application to the specific section you are applying for.
Can two exhibitors share a booth?
Yes. A joint application with a joint curatorial proposal and proposed works must be submitted in such cases. Both applicants will be jointly and individually assessed by the Selection Committee on their merit to be able to present a shared booth.
What are the modes of application fee payment?
Payment of the non-refundable application fee can only be made online via Razorpay using any international and domestic credit or debit cards and net-banking.
How are exhibitors selected for the fair?
All applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee consisting of the India Art Fair team and additional members broadly representing the local and international arts scene. Selection is based on the curatorial strength of the proposal, as well as the applicant’s artist roster, activities and programme. Criteria such as previous exhibition history, art fair presentations and projects undertaken by the gallery and its artists, both locally and internationally, are also taken into consideration. We encourage proposals that are diverse, inclusive, and spotlight womxn, queer, young and regional talents.