The Museum of Art and Photography
Contact: Admin - email@example.com
The Museum of Art and Photography is recruiting Gallery Attendants for its physical museum space. The main responsibilities include overseeing the galleries during museum working hours, maintenance and upkeep of galleries, safe handling, storage, packing, and movement of artworks, as well as installation and deinstallation of exhibitions.
The individual will work closely with the Museum collection team as well as other departments. Previous experience in art handling or installation is preferred but not essential as the desired training will be provided. This role would suit someone who is willing to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Oversee the galleries and support the museum administration in crowd management during museum working hours
- Support the Museum Administration team in opening and closing procedures of the Museum
- Work with the Museum’s collections and conservation team in cleaning, monitoring, and maintenance of artworks on display and in storage
- Support the museum team in preventive care of the collection. Report issues immediately, if any.
- Handle objects with extreme caution
- Help the museum team with the movement of objects across sites and enable safe movement, transportation and storage
- Aid the Museum team in packing and unpacking objects
- Install and de-install artworks for exhibitions and display
- Assist the photographers during the photography of the objects
- Carry out Risk Management where required
- Ensure the safety of property, and adhere to all handling guidelines
- Support the museum team in events, education workshops, and outreach activities
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager
- The job is physically demanding and the candidate will need the ability to lift and carry works with ease.
- The candidate will be required to stand for long periods and be alert at all times
- Basic technical knowledge of carpentry. Desired but not essential
- The candidate should be punctual
- The candidate should be courteous and knowledgeable about the current events and exhibitions in the museum
- The candidate should enforce gallery rules being courteous
- English, Kannada, or Hindi language skills are beneficial
- Should be a 12th-grade graduate