DAG is looking to hire a Gallery Director for their Sales department. The person will be responsible for the commercial and artistic success of a gallery and uninterrupted, efficient, and advantageous functioning of the art gallery. They shall also be responsible for smooth and seamless operation of various events organized in the gallery.
• Primarily responsible for overall sales target achievement and customer acquisitions for the gallery and ensuring that the gallery operates in a profitable fashion
• Enhance formal relations with the customers, visitors, and clients to ensure the regularity of the customers visiting the art gallery and assure a considerable amount of growth in customer base
• Work closely with Content department to curate events for the gallery (exhibitions or art fairs) by providing inputs regarding selection of art works.
• Required to maintain and develop a professional relationship with vendors so as to develop the art gallery and thereby attract more number of visitors.
• Conduct business meetings and training sessions as per requirement to make sure that the employees are well versed with the latest developments in the company and industry
• Ensure that art advisors working in the gallery capture the details of new visitors and customers to CRM and keeping a real-time track of customer interactions and meetings to enable record-keeping and exchange of information.
• Bachelor’s degree in arts related topics such as fine arts or art history
• 15+ years’ experience in art gallery or related companies
• Must have strong understanding of Indian modern art
• Experience of managing, recruiting and retaining a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Should be creative and innovative to make the art gallery enthralling and fascinating
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with clients and vendors
• Ability to mix strategic thinking with practical application
• Strong problem-solving skills and strategic mind-set
• A natural motivator, highly ambitious with a desire to create a sustainable and strategically aligned business
• Fluency in English essential, other languages an advantage