Digital art has no boundaries, and we are looking for extraordinary artists who believe in challenging and pushing the envelope. If you are an artist who is interested in breaking boundaries with the power of technology, and use iPad or tablet in your creative workflow, apply for our Digital Artists in Residence programme to unleash your full creative potential and become a part of our exciting future!
FORCES OF NATURE
“Forces of Nature” is an invitation to digital artists to embark on a transformative artistic residency programme that explores the dynamic interplay between the environment and technology. Through this unique opportunity, we aim to inspire, inform, and provoke thoughtful and intentional conversations around a sustainable future. Join us on a powerful journey as we merge forces of the natural and digital worlds.
This residency programme invites digital artists to delve deep into the theme of “Forces of Nature,” and showcase your digital art as an influential tool for advocacy and awareness.
Inspire action, mobilise communities, and spark conversations about the need to harmonise humanity and the environment we inhabit.
“Forces of Nature” is a theme that encompasses a wide spectrum of compelling ideas, including but not limited to:
- Sustainable Futures: Envision a world where human activities coexist harmoniously with nature, reimagining our relationship with the environment.
- Biodiversity and Conservation: Celebrate the beauty and diversity of life on Earth, advocating for the protection and conservation of endangered species.
- Nature’s Healing Power: Explore the therapeutic and rejuvenating aspects of nature. Reflect on how a reconnection with the natural world can heal and restore the human spirit and our health and well-being, in ways both seen and unseen.
As a digital artist in residence, you will have the opportunity to experiment with various digital mediums, including but not limited to:
- Digital painting and illustration
- 2D and 3D animation
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Interactive installations
- Data visualisation
- Digital storytelling
This programme encourages all digital artists to push the boundaries of their creativity and engage with cutting-edge technologies to convey their messages effectively.
The “Forces of Nature” mission is to foster a vibrant community of innovative digital artists who use their talents to raise awareness, inspire action, and provoke active thought around sustainability and a more harmonious future. The residency will culminate in a public exhibition of your artworks, to further the impact of your unique artistic language, allowing you to share your vision and artworks with a global audience.
BE CREATIVE, BE AMBITIOUS
You can be a digital artist or creative of any kind — an illustrator, animator, character artist, video and sound engineer, special effects designer, typographer, product designer, environmental artist, architect, interior designer, poster artist or an AI artist. The list is endless. All we ask is that:
- You are a practicing digital artist
- You are a resident in India
- You should have showcased your works in the public realm, such as online or physical exhibition, or other editorial or commercial platforms
- You have experience using iPad, tablets or relevant digital technology, and are already using it as a core tool to create works or to forward your practice
- You are available to travel to India Art Fair in New Delhi between 29 January and 4 February 2024
You can be as creative as you like with your response. It could be a digital collage, painting, illustration, animation, video, poem, poster or anything else. You can submit existing works or create something new in response to the brief. The only requirement is the artwork submitted in your application should be created using iPad, tablet or a related technology.
BECOME OUR DIGITAL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE USING IPAD PRO
We believe in your talent. If selected, you will:
- Be one of the three Digital Artists in Residence at India Art Fair
- Receive the latest generation iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard to channel your creativity
- Create a project on iPad Pro, you are free to use any third party apps on App Store, which will be shown in a special section at India Art Fair 2024
- Be featured and championed across India Art Fair’s editorial, press and social media platforms in the lead up to the fair
- Get the opportunity to lead workshops to share your skills as a digital artist with a wider public audience
Submissions for this open call will only be accepted via the form linked below. We will not accept any incomplete applications.
- Deadline for submission: Wednesday, 18 October 2023, 6pm IST
- Digital artists in residence announced: Sunday, 19 November 2023
- Final project display at India Art Fair: Thursday, 1 February to Sunday, 4 February 2024
For any queries, please write to email@example.com with the subject ‘India Art Fair – Digital Artists in Residence – Open Call’.